IT, Data & Records Officer
Sonas is the country’s largest provider of frontline support services to women and children experiencing domestic abuse. We work across the Greater Dublin Region in a multi-site capacity.
Our services are client-centred; the needs of victims of domestic abuse shape our response. We provide effective quality services and that includes effective information and data management. We know we can do better…
Sonas has invested significantly in its IT and data systems in recent years in recognition of their importance to delivering services.
We are now looking for someone to use these information systems to:
- Optimise current service delivery to clients
- Use data to provide an evidence base to inform and shape future service development and policy positions
- Lead out on our commitment to transparency and accountability by ensuring we provide the relevant reports to our stakeholders which includes our partners, our primary funders Tusla and The Department of Justice
- Ensure Sonas is ready to respond to any regulatory or legislative changes in the area of data management
Information, Data & Records Officer
Head of Services
- Continuous development of the organisation’s reporting database.
- Further implement the organisation’s record retention, distribution and storage policies.
- Providing the necessary support to ensure the data accountability, transparency and regulatory requirements of the organisation are met.
Aston Quay, Dublin 2
Terms & conditions:
- 40 hours per week
- Salary negotiable, depending on experience
- 26 days annual leave
- 2 year contract, renewal subject to funding
- Maintain Sonas’s Salesforce database; help to design new/improved functionality as required and coordinate the implementation of this with an external vendor.
- Provide organisation-level reports to be used at management level for: services delivery and development and external funder/regulator requirements.
- Ensure database manuals are kept up to date and distributed to all Sonas support teams.
- Organise regular database training for new and existing staff to ensure usage skills are learned, maintained and developed as well as ensuring high standards of accuracy of data.
- Ensure continued compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Implementing the organisation’s record retention, distribution and storage policies for paper and digital records.
- Oversight and implementation duties for Sonas’ computer network, including first point of contact for our external IT support provider and management of hardware and software
- Manage Telecom requirements for Sonas staff
- Keep a log of all IT and telecoms assets used by staff and work with the Head of Internal Services regarding asset replacement and upgrades
Adhere to all Sonas policies and procedures, particularly those relating to Health & Safety, Security and Confidentiality.
- 2 years+ experience of managing a database. Experience of Salesforce CRM advantageous
- Relevant third level qualification in IT or industry certifications
- A strong systems thinking approach
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong organisation and multi-tasking skills
- Highly professional, comfortable dealing with all levels in the organisation and external agencies
- Approachable, efficient and can do attitude
- A high level of integrity and trust with confidential information
- Experience working in the charity sector advantageous
The above Job Description is a guide to the general range of duties and is neither definitive nor restrictive and will be subject to periodic review
Housing & Property Manager
Sonas wishes to appoint a Manager to manage our Housing and Property function. The Housing and Property Manager will be responsible for the management and maintenance of our housing stock, which is comprised of 100 units and a 27/7 Refuge, all of which are Dublin, based. The Manager will control the costs of day-to-day repairs, cyclical servicing, planned maintenance and fixed asset management, and lead out on all property matters functions in relation to the delivery of Sonas services. They will act as the Health and Safety Lead for the organisation and will keep the Senior Management Team up to date on all facilities management, housing and property related matters.
The main duties of this role are:
Housing and Property
- Responsible for managing the Sonas Housing function with ultimate ownership for the management of voids, allocations, rent arrears and a large panel of 3rd party contractors and suppliers
- Identify & promote opportunities to engage with tenants and clients to improve the quality of Sonas accommodation services and offices to ensure our accommodation policies and processes are relevant and sensitive to their needs.
- Ensure Sonas is compliant with the Residential Tenancies Act and support the Housing Officer with managing breaches of Tenancy and Licencing Agreements in conjunction with our Client Services Managers (3) and Head of Client Services
- Budget management/budget setting ensuring value for money is central to the Sonas housing and maintenance service
- Contribute to the Sonas business planning and strategic planning process. Actively contribute at senior management level in developing and delivering organisational strategy and assist Sonas in delivering on the aims and objectives of the organisation
- Report to Board and its Committees
- Liaise on behalf of Sonas with Local Authorities, Regulators, our Insurers and our Solicitors on property related matters
Health and Safety
- Act as the Health & Safety Lead for the Organisation as per Sonas’s Health & Safety Statement
- To own the Health & Safety Plan and lead its implementation
- To support the Health and Safety Coordinator in putting the plan into action and liaise with an external Safety consultant as required
- Organise a review of safety arrangements on an annual basis
- Develop or arrange for the development of Health and Safety procedures
- Manage and develop our housing and property team which includes a Housing Officer and Maintenance Officer
- Identify the training needs of team members
- Guardian 24 respondent
Key requirements for the position of Housing and Property Manager are:
Technical Skills / Knowledge
- Relevant experience and proven track record of working in the housing/property environment (ideally minimum of 5 years)
- Demonstrable knowledge of maintenance service and asset management
- Strong awareness of the regulatory environment in which Sonas operates
- Proven experience of developing relevant policies and procedures
- Previous relevant service delivery experience
- Proven experience of delivering projects on time and within budget
People and Stakeholders Skills / Knowledge
- People Management experience – leading, motivating and developing staff
- Demonstrable experience of managing relationships with a diverse stakeholders including contractors, partners, tenants and staff
- A successful track record in building and nurturing stakeholders, key relationships and partnerships with a wide range of diverse collaborators
Operational Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrable knowledge of procurement regulations
- Knowledge of not-for-profit sector
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proven experience of report writing, including a high level of numeracy
- Relevant third level or professional qualification
The salary will be commensurate with the experience of the individual appointed and in line with the organisation’s salary scale.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and a letter of application outlining your suitability for this post to: email@example.com by 31st of January 2019.
The act of submitting your application signifies your consent to the processing of your data which includes the viewing and storing of your application by Human Resources and the sharing of same with the interview panel. Sonas retains applications for a period of one year. Should you have any questions regarding your data, the accuracy of same, or a request for deletion of your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.