Role: HR Generalist – Part Time
Reporting to the Business Support Manager, you will provide a comprehensive Human Resource service across the organisation and multiple Dublin locations. You will be supporting over 40 staff. You will be an experienced HR Professional who can work in a stand alone capacity, providing support around all aspects of HR delivery.
Areas of responsibilities include:
- Provide support and guidance to the CEO and Business Support Manager on all HR related matters, including resource management, development and implementation of policies and procedures, employee relations, HR best practice
- Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes, ensuring that Sonas attracts and retains high-calibre candidates
- Liaise with the management team to implement HR policies and practices, update as necessary in compliance with legislation and generate reports to share insights into HR trends in Sonas
- Act as Health & Safety Lead for Sonas and manage Health & Safety plan
- Provide HR advice to management and staff
- Working with the management team, develop and roll out an organisation- wide training plan
- Be the first point of contact for all HR related employee queries and ensure timely and relevant responses
- Manage HR administration, including maintenance of contracts of employment, job descriptions, personnel files, databases etc. ensuring Sonas meets GDPR requirements.
- Monitor and manage absenteeism, probation periods, annual leave and hours of work, including administration of a time management database
- Provide support and advice on employee relations issues
- Manage the leavers’ process and conduct employee exit interviews as appropriate
- Encourage a culture of employee engagement through effective and transparent communication throughout Sonas
- Support effective people management processes and the implementation of ad hoc initiatives to improve employee engagement and the working environment
- Be an advocate for HR best practice within the organisation
- Support the Business Support Manager with ad hoc projects
Requirements for the role:
– 5+ years’ HR generalist experience and a recognised, HR related, 3rd level qualification to degree level.
– Exceptional organisational and communication skills, together with excellent interpersonal skills.
– Ability to analyse, interpret and explain the legal framework regulating employment.
– Experience around Health and Safety management would be preferred.
– An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
– Integrity and approachability.
– Business awareness and commercial focus.
– Strong IT skills.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21st September, 2018
Women’s Support Worker – Relief
Responsible To : Service Manager
- Delivery of direct support services to women in Sonas community services team (Outreach, Visiting Support Service and Safe Home) Supported Housing, and/or Refuge services.
- Ensuring best practice in the delivery of services to women in Sonas.
- Ensuring the needs of clients and their children are central to the work of the service.
- To ensure that the needs of clients are central to the work of the organisation.
- To work to all Sonas Domestic Violence Charity services practices (quality standards), policies and procedures to ensure the delivery of quality, effective and safe services to clients.
- To carry out needs assessments, risk assessments and develop safety plans/ support plans to address these needs through the use of relevant Sonas tools.
- Ensure progression of clients’ support plan through case management approach.
- To make referrals or support clients in making self-referrals as necessary.
- To advocate for clients when appropriate and by agreement.
- To provide support to clients around safety issues, legal matters in relation to domestic abuse, court accompaniment and housing issues, as appropriate.
- To team-work with the Children’s Support team and other team members to ensure that women and children are provided with an integrated domestic violence service.
- To maintain all records and files according to the agreed standard and prepare reports as required.
- To adhere to Sonas and Tusla policies on child protection.
- To keep informed of developments in the area of domestic violence including new methods of work, changes in policy, legalisation, additional supports etc.
- To liaise effectively with other statutory and voluntary bodies.
- Relevant degree, preferably Social Care or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience to include a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience of keyworking vulnerable clients essential
- A clear understanding of domestic abuse, child protection and welfare issues, risk and safety issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong IT skills, comfortable using databases
- Knowledgeable on legal, housing and social welfare issues (particularly in relation to family law and domestic violence orders)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice
- Committed to effective, professional practice
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- Experience of working with women and children affected by domestic abuse.
- Experience of working with Salesforce database
The above Job Description is a guide to the general range of duties and is neither definitive nor restrictive and will be subject to periodic review.
Application Form for Women’s Support Worker – Relief